Echoes of Scribblings

It's been a hard week for me. This time last year was when my life started to take a turn for the worse. It's when I started falling into deep depression and was really struggling with my Christian walk. As I'm reminded of the darkest and lowest moments of last year God reminded me of a passage the other day as I was reading through my old journal entries.

Matthew 9:20-22
Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for 12 years came up behind Him (Jesus) and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, 'If I can only touch His cloak, I will be healed." Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart daughter," He said, "Your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

Take a moment to let that phrase "Jesus saw her" sink in. Here was a woman who, according to Old Testament law, was an unclean person that most people avoided. And yet Jesus didn't see an outcast, he didn't see uncleanness; Jesus saw her. He looked upon her with love and compassion and He saw her. He saw faith, and He healed her because of that faith.

Tonight, whatever you're going through, whatever past mistakes or memories may be bothering you or keeping you up, remember Jesus sees you. He sees you right now, where you are. He sees the scars you have, the life you've lived and even the things you're too ashamed to talk about. But, if you're in Him, He sees a redeemed, adopted child that could never be more beautiful.

So take a moment, right now, to rest in the fact that Jesus sees you. He knows your hurt, He sees your pain, He was there in your darkest and lowest moments, He was there and is there even in depression and loss. He sees you even when you don't want Him, He loves you even if you reject Him and no matter what, no matter what! He will always see you, and love you.
 

Comments

Popular Posts