Echoes of a new year

Isaiah 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

A new year is upon us. A new season in life. Personally I want this to be a season where I listen to gods voice, a season where he works through me. I want to use this year to live for my God. 
Too often are we as Christian afraid to tell people about Christ. Afraid that we will be rejected by our peers and the world. But God is looking for those souls, those souls that will rise above the fear, rise above this worlds standards and truly fight for him. Those souls that hear his cry and answer with heartfelt passion, here am I lord, send me. Souls that will pray with conviction, speak with passion, and love with abandon. He is looking, searching for those people who's hearts are ready and willing to stand for him. 

Do you hear gods voice? 

God is calling to each of us. He is calling, a faint and soft whisper that draws us into himself and helps us to see his will. His will which is for our benefit and not our destruction. As it says in Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an end and an expectation. 
His every thought is for our peace. And so his calling will bring us peace. There is no greater joy in this life than knowing that through you the lord has blessed others. He wants to send people, he wants to use us. He doesn't have to but he allows us the joy of sowing and reaping seeds for him. He desires to use us, he desires to change the world through us. One empty vessel willing to be filled can make a dessert into an oasis. And that is what God desires to do through us. This world is cracked and dry. We are the vessels, made by our God's loving hands to be filled to the brim with the living water.  He desires us to be filled. But will we let the pressures of this world, the burdens of this life crack us? Or will we stand with confidence in our holy, loving father? Will we fear this world? Or will we change it? I want to echo Paul's words on this matter when he says in Romans 1:15,

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome (in the world) also.

This statement is a powerful one. As much as in me is, as much as there is inside me, that is how much I am willing and ready to preach and proclaim this gospel. Will we echo these words as we enter 2017? Will we with all the breath in our lungs, all the life in our mortal bodies, and all the light in our souls preach and proclaim the gospel this year? Will this be the year or courage? 

Hear the echoes of God's calling to stand for him this year. To stand in courage and preach his name. 

Psalms 14:2

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Before I end this post I want to leave y'all with some question that my mom gave me for the new year. There are 31 of them and I'm gonna take the whole month of January to go through them and reflect upon this last year, while also planning (but not to much) for the year ahead. So for any of you who want to join me I'm gonna post the questions on here. I've kinda made each question into two questions, one that allows you to reflect upon the past year, and one that lets you plan for the next and then a verse that kinda ties it together. I'm gonna do them in groups of seven and post them every week so I don't have to post them very day. You can finish them all at once or day by day, but I would put your answers somewhere where you can see them all the time to remind you. So here are the questions for this week.

1. What is one thing you did last year to increase your your enjoyment of God?
What is one thing you are you going to do this year to increase your enjoyment of God? 

Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

2. What humanly impossible thing did God do for you last year? 
What humanly impossible thing will you pray for this year? 

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

3. What did you do to improve your family last year?
What are you going to do to improve your family this year? 

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

4. In which spiritual discipline did you grow most last year? 
In which spiritual discipline do you want to grow in this year, and what will you do about it? 

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

5. What was the biggest time waster for you last year? 
What are you going to do about it this year?

Ephesians 5:15-16
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

6. What is the most helpful way you strengthened your church last year? 
What is the most helpful way you can strengthen your church this year? 

1 Thessalonians 3:10
Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?

7. For whose salvation did you pray for the most last year? 
For whose salvation will you pray for the most this year? 

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.


These questions are adapted from the questions found at the link below. 

http://biblicalspirituality.org/10-questions-to-ask-at-the-start-of-a-new-year-or-on-your-birthday/

Comments

Popular Posts